Friday, October 10, 2008

Donnie Dee: The 3Dee Connection Blog

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So for those of you who don't already know, I have a very passionate love for writing and photography. I have been doing both for a very long time now, as they serve as a ground for my expression. People often want to see more when they read my writing or look through photographs I take because they want to know where the illustrations come from. Those who do know me, know that I'm a guy with a very tough skin and unique understanding of the world. Recently, I have moved back home to the streets of Paterson, NJ from Massachusetts, where I was pursuing a collegiate career. Today I was just sitting and wondering how many of the people who claim they know me, actually KNOW and UNDERSTAND what I go through on a daily basis and what/where I come from.

Since I've moved back home, I've fled shootouts that I've had nothing to do with, lost more friends to nonsense and am currently dealing with the armed robbery of two of my right hand men in their own home, which involved them being laid in their bathroom while they had cash and other valuable possessions taken from them. Ironically, that night was the first night in a very long time that I was not at their house at that same exact time, because I just happened to be home working on some writing. Crazy huh? Well, many people can relate to the same types of things in the cities and towns that they come from.

The only reason I stated the above is to say simply this; it's very easy to judge a book by its cover and never develop an interest to learn more about the people we claim we love and care about. It's too easy these days for folks to forget just how real the places they come from actually are. With that said, I send a quick shout out to all my NJ, NY, VA, FL, MA, CA, DC, SC, NC, GA, LA, IL, MI, etc. brothers and sisters. People, we can't afford to lose sight of the experiences that we share in common. The murders, the robberies, the crimes ... and the overall oppression that is still very alive in our hoods. We can't lose sight of the single mothers, recovering and non-recovering drug addicts, hustlers and everyday heroes we have right here in our own community. A lot of us don't have to look any further than our own neighborhoods for some real motivation. .

So to finally make a long story short, I have created a blog. The idea of this blog is very different from other blogs. And I know all bloggers say that, but I mean it. Each day, I'll offer real stories about real people, from right here in the hood. The people we live among, who still grind it out each passing day. These folks, should serve as our constant source of inspiration, the same way a lot of these fake ass rappers and entertainers already do. Mainstream entertainers and heroes have their place, but I choose to focus on the folks around me. Each day, I'll offer postings such as poetry written by prison inmates, poetry written by women who really know what it's like to be in the struggle, local music news, photos that walk you through the streets we hail from, discussions about major topics in black culture, as well as interesting videos.

So if you really support me and my movement and the empowerment of our people, as well as the places we come from, find some time each day to take a look at my blog and see what's going on in the REAL world, 100% bullshit free, no gimmicks, no trick editing. And PLEASE contribute with comments and feedback and check out the ADs at the bottom of the page. This blog is a source of important information about many topics involving our culture and common people like myself, who do not get enough recognition for their natural ability to "hang in there." This is not the typical, stupid blog that includes time-snatching, tasteless information and dumb videos/pics. So stay tuned... I'm going hard for yall.

One Love,
-DJ Donnie Dee of Fortune Infinite Enterprises, Inc.
3Dee Images

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real Talk Dee. I'll be reading.

Anonymous said...

this is quickly becoming one of my fav blogs

looking fwd to reading more

-heather